IndexAir has revolutionized rack transfer systems. IndexAir systems utilize the SailRail patented air-film technology to provide safe, quiet, clean and controlled movement with few moving parts. An air film “floats” a horizontal pneumatically powered reciprocating transportation bed, which is capable of indexing large groups of containers simultaneously. These Lower and Carry Rack indexing systems provide total or zone accumulation with zero pressure and complete footprint support.
IndexAir air bearing technology is used worldwide moving thousands of parts daily, and is available in all automation platform configurations (Linear, Side x Side, L-Shape, Over/Under). IndexAir systems can be loaded/unloaded manually, by robot, forklift or AGV.
IndexAir Features And Benefits:
- Safe, quiet, clean and ergonomically designed – fully guarded, eliminating pinch points – operates well below allowable decibel levels
- Accurate and reliable load positioning facilitates interfacing with robotics and dedicated automation
- Shock absorbing carrier - shock loading absorbed by SailRail patented compliant runners and pneumatic lift tubes to isolate mechanical impact stresses eliminating potential damage to equipment or product
- Low preventive and demand maintenance requirements due to no mechanical bearings or rotating parts and very few lubrication points
- Handles unique load footprints which are difficult for conventional conveyors
- Zero pressure zone accumulation - maintains a 6" space between all racks being conveyed and ensures no relative motion occurs between IndexAir transfer bed and the unit loads, thus eliminating load jams, product damage and equipment damage
- Fully automatic operation by PLC - with manual override controls and Dual Direction Capability
- Low profile, rugged construction, no pits required, overall height of only 13"
Wide weight range capability handles weights up to 1500 lbs/linear foot of conveyor.
- Modular design incorporates the very best of functional reliability, performance and flexibility
- Highest quality materials, manufacturing equipment and workmanship as well as dedicated engineering and project management teams will ensure complete turnkey project satisfaction